Frequently Asked Questions: PCI SSC Asia-Pacific Community Meeting

Location and Accommodation | Registration – In-Advance and On-Site | While On-Site

Who should attend the PCI Security Standards Council Community Meeting 2014?
Participating Organizations (POs), Qualified Security Assessors (QSAs), Approved Scanning Vendors (ASVs), PIN Transaction Security (PTS) group members, Payment Application QSAs (PA QSAs), Internal Security Assessors (ISA), Qualified Integrators and Resellers (QIR) and Point to Point Encryption Assessors (P2PE) – or anyone interested in becoming a Participating Organization or learning more about our programs.

Why should I attend?
You’ll learn firsthand about making the transition to the new 3.0 standard as well as gain insight into Council programs and initiatives. Each session will provide extensive opportunities for questions and answers with representatives from each of the payment brands.

Where is the Asia-Pacific 2014 Community Meeting located?
The conference will be held at the following venue:

Hilton Sydney
488 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia
T: +61 2 9266 2000
http://www.hiltonsydney.com.au/

Are there hotel discounted rates for conference attendees?
Please click here  for the accommodations section of the website.

What is the registration fee to attend the Community Meeting?

Member Type  Complimentary Registration(s) Cost Per Additional Registrant
ASV One $295 USD
ISA One $295 USD
Participating Organization Two $295 USD
PCIP None $295 USD
PTS Labs One $295 USD
QIR One $295 USD
QSA One $295 USD
If your company is both a QSA and an ASV Two (one for each program) $295 USD
If your company is both a PO and an ISA Three (Two for PO program membership and one for ISA) $295 USD
If your company is exhibiting in the Vendor Showcase Two (in addition to the above stated allocation)

What does my registration fee include?
Your registration includes admission to the conference sessions, access to speaker presentations and papers, an attendee list, access to the Vendor Showcase, daily breakfast and lunch, and admittance to the Networking Reception.

Will I receive a confirmation of my registration?
Confirmation of registration will be immediately sent via email.  Payment is accepted by credit card or check. Please allow three business days for processing. If you do not receive your confirmation after 30 days, please email pcicm@pcisecuritystandards.org or call +1 (781) 876-8855.

Will I receive a receipt for my registration?
Your email confirmation will also serve as your meeting registration receipt. If you need something more detailed, please email pcicm@pcisecuritystandards.org or call +1 (781) 876-8855.

May I register onsite for the meeting?
Yes, you may register onsite at the meeting. However, only credit cards will be accepted for onsite registrations; checks and cash will not be accepted. Payment must be made in full for entry to the conference. We strongly encourage you to register in advance so that you will have a speedier check-in when you arrive at the meeting.

Where do I go when I get to the Hilton Sydney Hotel? Where is the event held?
The Community Meeting rooms are located on Level 1 and Level 3. Signs will be clearly posted around the venue. Please refer to your Program Guide once onsite for the complete agenda with room assignments.  Click here  to access the meeting rooms floor plan.

Will I receive a refund if I have to cancel my registration??
Refunds are available based on when you cancel. See chart below for details:

Cancellation date: Fee refund
Before 7 October 100% of the registration fee, less a $25 administrative fee to cover the processing cost
Between 8 – 29 October 50% of the registration fee, less a $25 administrative fee
Made on or after 30 October No refunds available
No-shows No refunds available

You may substitute another person from your organization if you are unable to attend.  Requests for refunds in accordance with this policy or substitutions may be submitted via email topcicm@pcisecuritystandards.org  or call +1 (781) 876-8855.

I have registered for the meeting but would like to make changes to my name on my badge. How do I do this?
Your meeting badge will be created using the name and affiliation information submitted in your registration. If you would like to change the information on your badge, please email pcicm@pcisecuritystandards.org or call +1 (781) 876-8855 with your requested change prior to the conference.  You may also request the change onsite at the meeting registration area, but please note that you may have to wait, due to the high volume of activity expected at the registration area.

What is the “official” language of the meeting?
The Community Meeting presentations and handouts will be in English.

What is the dress code for the Community Meeting?
Business casual attire is encouraged for all meetings and events at the 2014 PCI SSC Community Meeting.

Will I have Internet access while at the meeting?
Yes, there will be wireless Internet access in the conference area. The access code for this secured wireless network will be included in your registration materials.  Attendees staying at the hotel and confirmed within the PCI SSC Room Block will receive a separate access code that will work in their guestroom.

May I tweet, blog or use other social media before, during and after the meeting to discuss topics announced at the meeting?

Use of social media tools at Community Meetings to discuss and share non-confidential information is welcome, as the Community Meeting is a unique annual opportunity to meet face-to-face with your Participating Organization peers and to share views, give feedback, network and discuss new developments in person.

However, in order to keep these valuable face-to-face discussions moving along, we request that if you wish to use social media, you kindly do so in a manner that does not distract from the goals of the meetings. Additionally, if you choose to use social media to report on your experience at Community Meetings, please do not publish confidential details of specific discussions or disclose any information about any company’s security position or compliance status.

The Council will be sharing updates via Twitter @PCISSC and the #PCICM hashtag and encourages the use of #PCICM for related posts.

Tell me more about the Networking Reception.
The Networking Reception will provide attendees with networking opportunities across global regions and industry markets. Kick back after an info packed day and join us for some refreshments on Tuesday, 18 November 2014, from 17:00 to 18:30.

Will there be vegetarian or other special dietary meal options at the Community Meeting?
Yes. Vegetarian and other special dietary needs (such as kosher, gluten-free, etc.) can be addressed upon request; please contact pcicm@pcisecuritystandards.org in advance with your request.

What if I need special assistance?
If you require auxiliary aids or services, please email pcicm@pcisecuritystandards.org or call +1 (781) 876-8855.

Will I be able to store my luggage at the PCI SSC Community Meeting Registration Desk after I check out of the hotel?
The PCI SSC is unable to store luggage for you.If you are checking out of the hotel prior to your departure from the conference, please store your luggage with the hotel bell staff.

What is the weather like in Sydney for the month of November?
We expect that the temperatures during the Community Meeting will be about 72° F/22° C for a high during the day and about 58° F/14° C in the evenings. 

Where may I obtain information about Sydney International Airport and transportation options to the Hilton Sydney?
Please click here to visit the Ground Transportation section of the Community Meeting website.

What are the driving directions to the hotel?
Please click here to visit the Ground Transportation section of the Community Meeting website.

I am traveling from overseas; do I require a passport/visa to travel to Australia?

For information on passport/visa requirements for entry into Australia, visit this website. Should you need to apply for a visa, please send an email request to pcicm@pcisecuritystandards.org and we will send you a letter of invitation to support your application. However, you must contact us as soon as possible with your request.

What is the tipping custom for Australia?
In Australia, you should plan to tip:

• the bellman or porter $2 to $4 Australian dollars per bag.
  • You should tip the hotel maid around $2 to $4 Australian dollars per night.
  • Tipping in restaurants is not expected, but certainly appreciated. The tipping standard is generally 10% of the total bill and is sometimes included as a “service charge” on the bill.
  • Taxi drivers will not expect tips for their services, although it is common courtesy to let the taxi driver “keep the change.” If your bill is A$14.22 and you give the taxi driver 15 dollars, you would more than likely tell him to keep the 78 cents.

What is the currency/exchange rate in Sydney?
The currency for Australia is the Australian dollar, the symbol is $. The exchange rate as of December 2013 is 1.00 USD = 1.10369 UAD.

What is the voltage for Australia?
Voltage in Australia is 230V 50Hz. Outlets in Australia generally accept one type of plug, which has two flat pins that form a V shape, often with a ground pin. If your appliance’s plug has a different shape, you may need a plug adapter.

Will instructor-led training classes be held in conjunction with the Community Meeting?
Yes.  Please refer to the list below for the classes that will available in Sydney either immediately preceding or just following the Community Meeting.

Internal Security Assessor (ISA) 13-14 November
Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) 15-16 November
PCI Awareness 17 November
Payment Application Qualified Security Assessor (PA-QSA) 20-21 November